Our Mission Statement
Living and Learning Together – Shining in our Faith
Our mission statement shapes the way we live out our lives as a thriving catholic community here at St Mary’s. The children have ownership of this mission and clearly feel supported by staff, governors, families and the parish in being able to grow and develop in accordance with christian teaching. An annual “Mission Day” allows all in the school community to focus on how it can guide our journey towards secondary education and personal development.
Our school works in active partnership with parents, who are the prime educators of their children, and in partnership with the parish aim to provide an education that will offer opportunities for growth in the Catholic faith. This is expressed in the Gospel values of love, justice, peace and reconciliation.
- to provide within school a feeling of welcome, acceptance, value and security and to provide the highest possible levels of pastoral care for all members of our school community.
- to offer opportunities for the celebration of our faith.
- to provide a balanced curriculum, in which Religious Education has a fundamental role, to equip pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life both now and in the future.
- to cultivate in our school a responsibility for the world that God has given to us.
- to maintain and develop links with the local community.