PPStrategy click here to see the statement.
Here at St Mary’s we are committed to ensuring that all children make progress in their learning and development. The school tracks the progress made by all children, as well as some that are considered to be members of “vulnerable groups”. Those identified are:
- Children with SEND.
- Summer born children.
- Children with English as an additional language.
- Those who are eligible for free school meals.
- Children in Local Authority care.
The Pupil Premium funding is used to directly target the progress of specific pupils. This has been done through strategic planning and continuous evaluation of the provision which includes:
- Employment of staff to deliver high quality intervention strategies.
- The purchase of resources to tackle specific learning needs.
- Resources to tackle poor attendance.
- The professional development of key members of the teaching team.
- Ensuring access to learning opportunities for all children and families.
- Aquisition of “Character Education” resources.
Impact of 2015-16 Funding
- Full access to the curriculum for all pupils (including assessment).
- Lower pupil/staff ratio (TA time increased)
- Good Level Development achieved by Pupil Premium children throughout Foundation Stage.
- A range of bespoke intervention strategies were delivered throughout KS1 and KS2.
The Pupil Premium funding for 2016-17 is £18,900